Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

5.31.2013

33 Weeks

Last Saturday, we reached the 33 week mark.  I know, I know, I'm a little late blogging this week... my apologies!  We have had a busy week, even though it was only a 4 day work week with Memorial Day on Monday.

On Wednesday evening, our friends (thank you again) watched Austin for us so that we could go to a breastfeeding and lamaze class.  There are five classes scheduled in all, so we will be doing that on a pretty regular basis.  Well, we drove down to Merced to attend the class, and the address couldn't be found using our phones' maps.  We knew what cross street it was near, so we tried heading that way.  This is where we ended up.
Untitled
Unless the long horn bull in the field was going to teach me how to breathe through labor, we were in the wrong place.
So, we continued on our quest.  We searched for the hospital using our phones, and headed in that direction.  Apparently there are multiple hospitals with the same name, so we traveled between each one searching for the right building.  Finally, a security guard came over to our car (realizing we were lost) and gave us directions to the correct hospital.  We were able to locate it, but were over an hour late, so we missed the class.  Better luck next time, now that we know where we are going!

Belle has showed her baby brother lots more love this week... here she is loving on him while he was squirming around.  
Untitled

And we weren't the only ones who have been busy...My mom has been busy this week, too.  She's mastered crocheting baby hats!  And these hats are absolutely precious... especially because they match the baby blankets that she crocheted for our baby.  Here, take a look:
Untitled
Untitled
Aren't they precious? 

In bible class last week, Carl referred to a piece of scripture that really spoke to me, partly because of these baby items that have been handmade for our little prince.  I know how much work has gone into making these blankets for our little prince, and I know how much work has gone into making these precious little hats.  They were made by hand, with love, every thread woven intricately together.  So when we read Psalm 139:13-14, I can't help but tear up a little bit. "For you created my inmost being, you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Wow.  God has knitted together our baby in my womb.  And when you think of someone knitting something (or crocheting- mom) you know that that person has taken time and love to create such a gem.  Thank you mom for the blankets and hats, and thank you God for our little baby!

This week we also received a lovely surprise from my in-laws.  They sent us our car seat!  Thank you both SO much.  I had been getting anxious about how we would bring our baby home, and you guys just helped make sure we were able to do that (and safely)!  I absolutely love the pattern.
Untitled
Untitled

Things are getting more and more real each and every day.
Here is a photo of our 33 week baby bump (next to his cradle, which is in our room now)!
Untitled

In a few hours, we will be watching Austin walk across stage at his 8th grade graduation.  Man, 8th grade!  I cannot believe he is so old.  I know the next four years are going to fly by, just like the last four did.  And we will treasure every moment with our growing family.  I will make sure to post pics of graduation next week, along with photos of Austin's birthday party tonight!  He's turning 14 next week and we are celebrating a week early.  He has another party to go to on his actual birthday, so having his own party tonight worked out really well. 

One last thing before I go: I'm asking for prayers that our little boy (the one in my belly) isn't too big.  The doctor is concerned with his size.  She says that I have gained the right amount of weight, but baby is on the big side and she is getting concerned about delivery.  She scheduled me for an ultrasound for tomorrow, so she can get more accurate measurements.  I'm looking forward to seeing what is probably our last glimpse of our baby in utero, but I'm praying that he will be the size that he should be (rather than too big to deliver naturally).  

Thank you for your prayers!  Have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

Oh man ~ Google Maps! What is the deal? That's a pet peeve of mine. There was an alarm company I was going to apply to (before the one I got), but they said they only took applications in person at "this address", so Michael drove with me there & I dressed up. It took us to a house. I also called 3x within the month, left messages, and nobody ever called me back. Maybe it was a scam?

But another time I was trying to find a WalMart and It showed it at an intersection, so I drove to it. Again, there were other buildings, but no WalMart and you can't miss a WalMart, they're huge. I Google Mapped it again when I got home, to find the problem. And after zooming in all the way, saw that it was pointing to a car!! What the heck? So now I Google Map everything and check out the buildings around, so I know what to look for when I'm there.

So I'm sorry to hear you missed the class.
 
Your mom is amazing at crocheting! I look forward to seeing Austin's graduation pictures and I'll pray for you, as requested. I sent you a card too, just this morning. Getting ready for the baby shower? Ask someone to be in charge of taking pictures for you! Since I can't be there to do it. ;)
 

Post a Comment

Comments