Something That We Do

Love is something that we do!

1.23.2013

A Lil Preoccupied!

I am so behind in blogging, and most of you know why!  Here's a little bit of what's been happening in our neck of the woods...

Back in November, Austin and I were both getting over a nasty stomach bug, but I was still feeling some remaining nausea.  Austin was already back at school but I was still spending my days in bed trying to keep any food or water down.  It wasn't pretty.  I wound up getting so dehydrated, I had these awful stomach cramps.  At the time, though, I didn't know that the dehydration was causing the cramps.  I only found out after going to my family doctor.  He gave me two bags of IV fluids and put Zofran in the IV to help me not be so nauseous.  For the first time that week, I had relief.  I was feeling so much better with a little fluid in me… finally! 

The doctor gave me some more Zofran to take at home over the next couple of days while I overcame the bug.  By Sunday, I was still unable to go to church and I was convinced something was off.  Carl and Austin went to church, and while they were gone, I did it (insert scary music here: dun dun dun….)  I peed on the stick… you know the one.
photo 1

I rubbed my eyes and re-read the directions five times in disbelief that I had a plus sign appear immediately.  I kept comparing my plus sign to the one on the instructions, and it clearly was telling me something I just couldn't believe.  I'm pregnant.  I pushed the test wrapper to the bottom of the trash and ran and got back in bed.  Carl wasn't home yet, and I had several hours to figure out how I was going to share the news with him.  When he got home from church, he told me Austin went to a devotional with friends.  Perfect timing… I had Carl all to myself...time to share this bit of exciting news!

I presented him with this photo that I had taken earlier while we were laying in bed.  
photo 2

He looked at it, read it, studied it, and asked, "Is Belle hidden in here?"  I shook my head and smiled.  He looked at the picture again and then it hit him.  "Wait a minute…" he slowly turned his head to look at me, my eyes welling up with tears… 

"Are you…" I nodded.  He was in disbelief as he teared up and kissed me.  We both were.  We laid there holding each other, both of us surprised and excited for our future.  We agreed to not tell anyone… we had a huge secret and it was just for us, for the time being at least.

1 comments:

This is so exciting! I know you have already told me everything, but this is so exciting! And I am very excited for you, in general. Not about the morning sickness part. Especially you being the first out of our group of friends to have a baby. We will all be looking up to you for tips and advice. I'll probably get to be next, right? ;)
 

Post a Comment

Comments